After 30+ years of providing accommodation in Paluma, we are taking a break.
Until further notice, we won't have any holiday accommodation available for rentals. However, we do have 'Fatima Cottage' on the market, for sale.
Paluma is a tiny "village" located a thousand metres above sea level on top of the Paluma Range, about ninety kilometres north of Townsville. Allow between an hour and ninety minutes driving time from Townsville.
The village is totally surrounded by World Heritage listed tropical rainforest. Paluma's climate is always between five and ten degrees cooler than Townsville down on the coastal plain. This radical change in temperature, and the scenic attraction of the area, makes Paluma a popular destination. Visitors typically come for:
- the cool, the peace and quiet and the aesthetic views of Halifax Bay from the range
- bush walking or bird watching in the national park
- swimming at Little Crystal Creek
- camping and kayaking at Lake Paluma
- organised adventure sports are held throughout the year, like mountain biking, trail and road running
- Try out the high ropes course at the Adventure Centre. Contact Sam Stedman on 0421 484 211 or email@example.com
- Sunday markets held four times a year (contact the Paluma and District Community Association for details 07 4770 8559)
- Wattle 'N' Gum playing at the Winter Solstice Bush Dance, Paluma Community Centre, Saturday, 30th June, 2018 (contact the Paluma and District Community Association for details 07 4770 8559)
- Townsville Rockwheelers Mountain Bike Club's endurance race, the Paluma Push Mountainbike Ride, from Paluma to Hidden Valley via bush tracks, Sunday, 22nd July, 2018 http://www.rockwheelers.com.au/palumapush/
- Christmas in July - get a group of friends together, you can sit in front of the fire and enjoy your roast dinner
- October and November's running events, on trails through the rainforest or along the road between Paluma and Hidden Valley
Paluma is also a popular wedding location. Contact us for details.